Reporting to Head of Business Development (US)
Location: National Capital Region (NCR)
Why TBW Global?
TBW Global offers a range of mission-critical services that ensure defense and security organizations around the globe can scale to and achieve their objectives. With over 30 years of experience and offices worldwide, we provide secure, user-friendly and innovative technology and professional services to simplify the communication process and project management for over 2,500 public and private sector clients. TBW Global provides defense and multilingual communication services to NATO member countries and customers including the UK MOD, the US Department of Defense, the Canadian Armed Forces and a number of global defense and aerospace prime contractors. Our services include secure interpreting and translation, cultural analysis, travel risk management, multilingual intercepts, role-playing and scenario based training, learning management programmes and staff augmentation. TBW Global’s expert teams’ are deployed in countries such as Ukraine, Iraq, Kurdistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, northern Africa and Jordan
Overview of your department
The sales team as a whole manages an expected pipeline of minimum $150m per year, with the majority of the work eventually being awarded through an RFP process. The sales team is made up of predominantly security, military and policing specialists offering years of experience between them and is based in both the UK and USA. The Chief Commercial Officer, who has over 11 year’s sales experience at a senior level, manages the team.
TBW Global is seeking a Business Development Manager for the US Government market. This position will report directly to the Head of Business Development, to further develop our pipeline. This position will need to bring existing customer relationships, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across our Sector, as well as identify and qualify business opportunities, and position TBW Global for bidding.
Specific activities include:
• Builds, matures, and executes comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
• Identifies and qualifies a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with our service offerings and business objectives.
• Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position TBW Global as an innovative industry leader.
• Develops and maintains strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets.
• Teams with leadership to provide counsel and recommendations for the bid/no bid gate reviews and collaborates with the PDC & Capture for smooth turnover to proposal development.
• Conducts competitive analysis.
• Develops effective win strategies which include identifying and qualifying new opportunities.
• Maintains a pipeline of qualified opportunities in excess of $200M.
Strengths & Qualifications
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience working in Business Development.
• Strong understanding of Federal Government contracting with relevant organizational relationships.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with experience presenting at executive levels.
• Thorough understanding of the government procurement process as well as the Shipley proposal management process.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively — both independently and in teams — in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment.
• Familiarity with GSA and/or SeaPort E vehicles.
• Self-starter able to take initiative and handle accountability for getting results.
• Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Ability to lead diverse teams and manage multiple proposal efforts