Why TBW Global?
TBW Global offers a range of mission-critical services that ensure defense and security organizations around the globe can scale to and achieve their objectives. With over 30 years of experience and offices worldwide, we provide secure, user-friendly and innovative technology and professional services to simplify the communication process and project management for over 2,500 public and private sector clients. TBW Global provides defense and multilingual communication services to NATO member countries and customers including the UK MOD, the US Department of Defense, the Canadian Armed Forces and a number of global defense and aerospace prime contractors. Our services include secure interpreting and translation, cultural analysis, travel risk management, multilingual intercepts, role-playing and scenario based training, learning management programmes and staff augmentation. TBW Global’s expert teams’ are deployed in countries such as Ukraine, Iraq, Kurdistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, northern Africa and Jordan.
Overview of your department
The newly formed Proposal team of the TBW Global Sales division is an exciting place to work! The sales team as a whole manage an expected pipeline of minimum $150m per year, with the majority of the work eventually being awarded through an RFP process. The sales team is made up of predominantly security, military and policing specialists offering years of experience between them and is based in both the UK and USA. The Chief Commercial Officer, who has over 11 year’s sales experience at a senior level, manages the team.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for developing/coordinating proposal responses with the Business Development Team in the US and UK and reports directly to the Head of Business Development. The Proposal Manager leads the development and production of multiple, concurrent proposals from diverse business areas such as the Department of Defense, NATO, Department of State, and other agencies of the Federal Government.
- Will be accountable for the design and execution of timely, professional and effective RFP responses for new business.
- Lead and write entire sections or volumes in relevant subject matter area(s)
- Early engagement with Business Development team during Pre-RFP stage to assist with solution development and other capture support activities, where applicable
Project managing of the entire proposal process.
- Responsible for all aspects of proposal delivery, including scheduling, researching, writing, editing, proof reading, designing, publishing and shipping final proposal.
- Management, coordination and preparation of the government and commercial proposal development process and schedule.
- Responsible for the management and organization of proposals and meeting submission deadlines.
- Responsible for detailed RFP analysis and decomposition, outlining, compliance, etc.
- Write, edit, and update complex technical documents, proposal templates, capability statements and other proposal related documents.
- Manage and maintain corporate knowledge management resources to support proposal development efforts, including a repository of reusable content relevant to the subject matter area to include corporate project summaries and employee resumes/bios.
- Performs tasks of prioritizing work, employing resources, and troubleshooting issues to ensure that documentation adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, schedules, and quality control
Coordinate with other departments, potential subcontractors and technical personnel.
- Coordination and presentation of kick off meeting materials.
- Facilitation of win them development meetings.
- Team wide communication and instruction in the proposal process.
- Coordination and facilitation of formal proposal reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strengths & Qualifications
- Five (5) or more years of successful Federal proposal experience, preferably with the Department of Defense (DOD).
- Proven track record of successful proposal management in the Federal Government Marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of the government procurement process as well as the Shipley proposal management process.
- Experience in technical writing and proposal development for large and complex opportunities.
- The ability to identify, obtain, and organize the best resources to accomplish the job.
- Experience preparing B&P budget and forecasts, planning proposal and proposal support activities.
- Superior organizational skills, with special attention to detail, and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively — both independently and in teams — in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Self-starter able to take initiative and handle accountability for getting results.
- Flexible to changing schedules, working overtime, working on weekends, and possibly traveling for long and short term assignments.
- Proficiency and skill working with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field from accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
- APMP certification is desired.
- Ability to lead diverse teams and manage multiple proposal efforts.
What you can expect from us – as a minimum!
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401k matching.
- Flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- The right training and support to perform, thrive and grow.
- The opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse, international team.
- A structured, merit-based approach to development and career progression.